Number of People with Nothing Better to Do

Friday, September 4, 2009

Going Away Party at the Albu's


The mighty Albu and his lovely wife threw me a going away party.  Albu is the ultimate host.  Plenty of beer, great food, mayonaise-based salads, deviled eggs.  Fiestas at Albu's have changed a quite a bit over the past few years with the marraiges and the breeding and what not.  Still, it was a great time.

Dick Paulson brought a Peru survival kit which included a flash light, emergency blanket, a couple of jars of liquid that he called natural tanning oils so I can blend in with the local populace, and bag of leaves which he called Peruvian toilet paper.  Liz, a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, said the were too dry to be of any use.  I don't think she was kidding.

Beer pong.  Enough said about that except that I'm too old for that nonsense.

I love my friends here in Chicago and will miss them alot while I'm gone.  Fortunately for me, I'll get to kick it with the Mighty Albu in Peru or surrounding countries while I'm down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment